Monday, January 6, 2014

12 layouts in '14 challenge - No. 1

Sweet Nina owner of "stromsvigt" has asked her design team if we would like to join her in creating a layout each month following a prompt.
This month's prompt is "Big title" & here's my take on it:


I had this A4-picture printed for one of the "Crop am Rhein" workshops 2011...It's a picture of the sunset over a clover-field in Southern England.
I loved it, but had no real idea how to put a layout together.
So when Nina posted "Big title" i knew that THAT was the solution!

I wrote the word "gorgeous" on a piece of cardstock and cut it out with my craft knife...YES, I do have a Silhouette Cameo and could've cut it with my beloved machine, BUT i wanted to do it right now, without having to take out my mac and put up the machine (I don't have a craft space...).

Once I laid it on the picture i knew i had to make the harsh contrast between pink cardstock and the black picture softer. So i took my border punches & a few other cardstocks in different colors and layered them.

I still felt that the layout was missing a connection between the picture & the layout. And so i created these little flowers with the Stampin' up flower & heart punches.

I added some bokeh-like vellum circles, a geotag & a journaling spot directly on the photo.

I ended the layout by stamping a border on the bottom with some "Stromsvigt" stamps.

Please hop over to Nina's blog and my team-mates Jeanne & Magdalena to see their take on the challenge!

3 comments:

Magdalena said...

Love how the vellum circles look like bookeh!

kat78 said...

THANKS Magdalena!! (;

Michelle lovesallsorts said...

Love this LO!