Monday, June 13, 2011

CARDS! (;

The card I crafted for my Mum for Mother's Day.
The card was only about 10x10 cm but my
Mom really liked it! (;

I have to admit that cards are something I'm always afraid of.
They frighten me maybe because I'm always in a hurry,
I tend to wait with creating them until the day before I need them.
And this is not really helpful (;
I think it intimidates me not to have a 12x12 paper with loads of room!

Anyway - a few weeks ago I decided to go to (my first)
Stampin Up-Workshop held by Angelina.

We had 4 hours and (with a cake interruption (;)
I managed to finish 8 cards.
And I realized quickly, that I loved being inspired
by the cards Angelina had displayed ... (;
But I did not copy everything like others did,
I had to use my own color combos, etc.
My first one was this card,
I think it's a beautiful card - simple but lovely. (;
I love the 2nd one because it
is so bold and strong! (;
I don't know if I will ever use this one, but I had to
try this stamping wheel and the label punch&stamp. 
 This one went a bit wrong...
When I had finished the card I decided to punch
the edges - and reached for the big corner punch
instead of the small one. Afterwards the 90°-angles
of the white paper looked awkward - so I rounded them
with my scissors...which is definitely
NOT A GOOD IDEA...

And then I needed two baby-cards...
No.1 for my friend Katharina
 No.2 - for my friend Alex
 
 And as there was still enough time,
I decided to craft another card. (;
I liked this workshop and I will definitely
attend another one at Angelina's home!

8 comments:

alexa said...

That's a really pretty card for a Mum - hope she liked it! :) I never make cards either, for very similar reasons, so perhaps I'll take courage from you and have a go!

Veridiana Fromm said...

Hallo Katharina,
danke für deinen Kommentar. Die Früchte habe ich nach Nase geschnitten.

Du machst aber auch sehr schöne Sachen! Ich liebe es, über Kommentare neue Blogs zu entdecken.

Schönes Restwochenende,

Veridiana

Angelina said...

Huch, das kommt mir alles so bekannt vor ;-)
Schön, dass Du da warst und freue mich, wenn Du wieder kommst!
Ganz liebe Grüße
Angelina

Angelina said...

Hallo Katharina,
wollte Dir eine Newsletter-Mail schreiben, aber Dein Postfach ist voll...
ich dachte, ich probiers nun mal per Kommentar :-)
LG
angelina

Julia Krause said...

Hallo Katharina, vielen Dank für deinen Besuch auf meinem Blog. Die Bingo-Card ist mit dem Embossing-Folder von Tim Holtz embosst. Das kriegt man eigentlich fast in jedem Online-Shop :-) Viele Grüße Julia

Dawn McVey (dawnsing) said...

Hi Kat!! Your cards are darling! Just wanted to say hi!! Happy weekend!

kat78 said...

Oh, thank you, Dawn, that was one of my first approaches @ an Stampin Up Workshop ... (;

kat78 said...

Thanks for really hopping over! (;