Wednesday, May 18, 2011

CAR 3 - PART II

After the first - really great workshop with Dani
we had an hour long break for lunch.

AND THEN?
Then we got to know
Ms. Shimelle
She is such a wonderful,
artsy
and cool looking person.

And her workshop?
One word: INSPIRING

When we received the class kit the color combo we
encountered looked really CHALLENGING:
 forest green, rose, aubergine, red and kraft
I really loved the Jenni Bowlin stickers and the special
clearstamp-set Shimelle designed for the class.
But at first I thought: how can I put them, my photos and
these papers to a good looking result?
But, you know what?
I made a decision: to just go with the flow and
dig right into the class kit using it up right away!
Ok, THAT was a bit overenthusiatic for the time
of the class, but up to know I have finished 5 layout.
By just using the kit and Shimelle's sketches! (;

3 of them are really finished & here they are:
 (sorry for the messed up pics... the light was... let's say: challenging)
This LO is SO NOT ME (;

I ended up making it more straight
than Shimelle's sketch and still it feels messy to me.
I'm sorry, but I am a graphic designer
AND I LOVE ME A CLEAN DESIGN with LOADS of free space...(;
But I LOVE the experience,
the fact, that I had to try layering.
The second layout, which I LOVE.
Although, when I saw the pink papers I had not thought
 And the third one, which I made at home
AND THAT I REALLY REALLY LOVE.
Ok - I fell back to my style... (;
I will show you the remaining two layouts
when they are really finished.
Maybe I'll update the photos above, too,
because their quality is really poor...);
They deserve something better! (;

1 comment:

  1. Das letzte LO finde ich auch am wunderschönsten! Wobei die anderen auch wirklich schön sind, aber ich kann Deine Schwierigkeiten damit verstehen (ging es mir doch ähnlich ;-))

    ReplyDelete

I'm happy if you leave a comment! (;
THANKS!!!