Saturday, January 29, 2011

A layout about my newest possession! (;

A PAIR OF KEEN-SHOES!

I can remember, that when my boyfriend bought his first Keens, I thought "Oh, these are ugly!"
I never wanted to try some, although he told me they were sooooo comfortable and while out in the woods geocaching I would never ever want to wear something else after trying them!
A few years went by... and wearing my teva-sandals I hurt my toes more than once... ); I'm known for tripping over my own feet! (; (By the way, that's why my blog's name is "Schrottvögelchen" - a pet name for somebody who is a bit clumsy/hamfisted).

So - to cut the long story short:
Last August  - when the boy asked, what I wanted for my birthday present - I told him, that I wanted some "girlier" Keens!
We looked online, during our holiday in the UK we looked in every sports-shop in London and Southern England - NOTHING.
So we finally ordered them online beginning of January.
And now I have some GREEN KEENS - and I already love them! (; (;
No, no - men are never right! (;

And here's the layout I did yesterday - my first LO with a photo something different than a person!
And it uses only papers from the January Studio Calico kits that I bought, plus: Fiskars cloud punches, Studio Calico's Mister Huey white, a piece of wood (yes I know - not archivally safe (;), Bazzil pompom ribbon, green American Crafts ribbon from their Travel paper kit, Cosmo Cricket Mr. Campy Rubbons - AND the shoe-wrapping paper for the background and a quality check sticker peeled from the shoe box.




Journaling (along the sides of the picture) translates roughly like that:
"I've always hated sandals - i never liked to wear them - i practically never did 
- but my Keens - I already love them dearly!"
Love it! (;

I have to show something to you.
Beginning of last year I bought a glas of mustard which had a sticker on it,
that you had to peel off, send it to the company to receive a little book with recipes.
That was the theory.
In reality I never heard back from them...
So in June 2010 I filled in a online form on their website complaining
that I had never received my cook-book - and I saved a screenshot of this form.
And never heard back from them...
So with my OLW in my head (CHANGE) I set up another email 2 weeks ago,
complaining about customer service and how sad this made me.
The next day I received a reply from a young junior product manager,
who wrote excuses and offered me to send the booklet to me if I gave her my address.
AND THIS IS WHAT ARRIVED YESTERDAY:
A letter, not one BUT TWO booklets and two BIG tubes of their mustard! (;
Now I'm okay with it again! (;
And man: I LOVE THEIR BITING HOT MUSTARD!!! (;

2 comments:

Sarah said...

hmm!! leckerer senf! :) So ein guten senf gibts garnicht in USA. Und herzlichen glueckwunsch zum geburtstag!

Nadine said...

Hallo Kat,
ich habe in meinem ganzen Leben noch nie etwas von Keen - Schuhen gehört und mit Abkürzungen wie LO und OLW sprichtst du eine Sprache, die ebenfalls komplett neu für mich ist ;).

Zu deiner Frage: Die Clotted Cream gibt es in der Lebenmittelabteilung vom Kaufhof.

Liebe Grüße, Nadine